Wednesday, October 31, 2007

"Pumpkin Pie" Pancakes

I have become inspired by Jessica Seinfeld's idea of putting pureed vegetables into everything you cook. Some are hits among our family and some are complete failures. Here is one that my kids and even my husband loves.

1 cup pancake mix
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 egg
1 tablespoon canola oil
1/2 cup carrot puree
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/4 cup sugar

Mix all together and cook on skillet preheated to medium high. My kids eat these with nothing on them. I like a little maple syrup or apple butter. These also freeze well and reheat a few weeks later on those many mornings that we are running late or those nights that I don't feel like cooking with a 3 year old and an 19 month old as my "assistants".

1 comment:

Natalie said...

YUM - I heard about her recipes on her appearance on Oprah (I didn't see it though)... We had orange (food coloring) pancakes for breakfast today!