Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Brownies

OK, here is the brownie recipe!

4 squares unsweetened Baking Chocolate
3/4 cup butter (1 1/2 sticks)
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup flour
1 cup nuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9x13 pan.

Melt chocolate and butter in pan on low heat, stirring constantly...don't burn the chocolate!

In another bowl put sugar in and add the chocolate mixture and vanilla. (I try to let the chocolate cool a bit, but this doesn't always happen!)

Add eggs one at a time, just to make sure you don't scramble them!

Add Flour and stir. Bake 30-35 minutes...do not over bake. Mine only take 28 minutes so you will just have to test it out in your oven.

This is M's favorite treat! If I make boxed brownies she says she doesn't like them and wants "real" brownies!! They really aren't that hard to make and are just as easy as boxed! Hope you enjoy!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Delicious!! Thanks for posting ~ my family loves these whenever you bake them when we are around!

zippy said...

Ooo, thanks! I'm so gonna have to make these soon...and maybe eat most of them myself. Hey, since I'm pregnant...I'm totally allowed to do that right? : )