Sunday, August 16, 2009

Zucchini Bread... or Muffins ~

We have had a lot of success this year gardening our zucchini.
It's become a family favorite (as a vegetable and a treat)!
3 Eggs
2 C Sugar
1 C Vegetable Oil
2 tsp Vanilla
2 C Zucchini, grated
3 C Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Nutmeg
In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs until flight and fluffy. Add sugar and continue to beat until well blended. Stir in oil (1/2 cup oil and 1/2 cup applesauce if you want to lower the calories and make it a bit healthier), vanilla and zucchini. Sift together the dry ingredients and stir into zucchini mixture. Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes for muffins (longer for loaves - until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean).
* My kids loved adding 1 cup chocolate chips.
* Samson and I prefer adding 1 cup chopped walnuts!

3 comments:

zeeny said...

I think I'm going to try this today!! Just don't know if I want chocolate chips or nuts...or both!!

Guinevere said...

That looks delicous!! I've got some in my fridge just waiting to be baked!!

smlaw said...

I made these in mini loaves yesterday and it turned out really great. I made a few muffins too and they were perfect. The kids love them!