Monday, January 21, 2008

Sunday Crock Pot Roast

Someone asked for a roast recipe awhile back and I'm just getting around to it. My sister gave me this recipe and it has become one of our favorites:

1 large roast- I use a chuck roast...they seem to be the most tender and I like when roasts fall apart
1 can golden mushroom soup
1/4 cup catsup
1 small onion
1 small bag of baby carrots
1 envelope of Lipton onion soup mix- you don't have to have this but I always add it

Season roast with salt and pepper and brown in a little melted butter. Put carrots in bottom of crock pot and add roast on top. Put sliced onion on top of roast. Mix soup and catsup (and I usually add about 1/2 cup of water) and pour over roast. Sprinkle Lipton onion soup over ingredients in crock pot. Cook on low 10-12 hours or high for 5-6 hours. When done skim grease off the drippings and make a gravy out of it. Serve with mashed potatoes! Supper Yummy!

2 comments:

amelia said...

i can testify--this roast is wonderful. and the gravy is fantastic.

I stinketh not!! said...

The Henrichsen made this when I was out visiting them in Wa.. and it was REALLY good. I even tryed it at home. But somehow other people's food seems to taste better.