Sunday, February 24, 2008

Bran Muffins

this is my moms recipe and my favorite muffin!

2 cups All Bran
2 cups boiling water

Pour boiling water over all bran and let set

2 cups sugar
1 heaping cup shortening

cream together well in a very large mixing bowl.

4 eggs, slightly beaten
1 qt. buttermilk
4 cups all bran

Add to creamed sugar and shortening. Mix thoroughly. Add all bran mixture (bran and water). Mix well.

5 cups flour
4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt

Add to preceding and stir together well. Fill greased muffin tins about 2/3 full. Bake at 400 degrees for 11 minutes for small muffins or 14 minutes for larger muffins. This recopied makes one gallon of batter, which makes about 7 dozen muffins. This stores really well in a container in the refrigerator for up to six weeks! I sometimes make a batch and pull it out and bake a few at a time. Super good with butter on warm muffins or jam! Hope you enjoy!

2 comments:

natasha said...

Oh.....these ARE so yummy! I think I will make up a batch! It keeps well in the fridge for 4 or 5 weeks too!

Natalie said...

I've tried these and they are so yummy... I bought All Bran at the store today -