Wednesday, February 20, 2008

What's for Dinner???

Okay ya'll...what are you having for dinner tonight?! I thought I would post the recipe I was using tonight and post a few other ideas I had. If you would like one of the other recipe's just let me know! If you would do the same, just post what your family ate this week or last, that would be great.

On the menu tonight: Waikki Sweet and Sour Pork

  • 1 1/2 pound pork shoulder, cut into chunks (I use pork chops)
  • 1 can pineapple chunks (20 0z)
  • 1/4 c. brown sugar
  • 2 T cornstarch
  • 2-3 T soy sauce
  • 1/4 c vinegar
  • 1/2 t salt
  • 1 small green pepper, cut in chunks
  • 1/4 c thinly sliced onion

Brown pork in a small amount of oil. Add 1/2 cup of water; cover and simmer (do not boil) for about 1 hour. Drain pineapple, saving syrup; combine sugar and cornstarch. Add pineapple juice, vinegar, soy sauce, and salt. Cook; stir until thickened. Add pork. Add pineapple, green pepper, and onions the last few minutes. Cook for 3-5 minutes. Enjoy over rice!

One the menu the past week(s):

Stove Top chicken and mashed potatoes, Roast and potatoes, fish and rice, shrimp alfredo, sloppy joes, do not peek chicken, spaghetti, pizza, and stroganoff.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Sounds like a great Sweet and Sour recipe... I think I'll try it sometime!