Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Zucchini Bread

I have been making tons of this, my husband and I are now addicted!
Mix:
3 eggs
2 c. sugar
1 c. apple butter OR apple sauce
2 c. grated Zucchini
1 tsp. vanilla
In another bowl mix:
3 c. flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
*IF you are using apple sauce and NOT apple butter than add
1/4 tsp nutmeg
2 tsp cinnamon

Add dry ingredients to wet and stir well. You can add 1/2 c. nuts if you want.
Add to 2 greased bread loaf pans and bake 325 for 1 hour.

A good friend gave me the idea to make a dinner menu weekly and stick to it. So far its working and I'm hoping now that classes have started back up I'll be able to stay on top of dinner with this method! So every Sunday night I get input from the family and we make our choices for the week. This week we are having:
Mon-Chicken Alfredo
Tue- Homemade chili and cornbread
Wed- Am for Pm (pancakes, eggs, bacon)
Thurs- Spaghetti with maple sausage and garlic bread
Fri- Homemade pizzas, one with Hawaiian, another with the works
Sat- Chicken Chili
Sun- Lasagna and garlic bread

1 comment:

Natalie said...

What a great idea... I know a few people who also have weekly menu's they try to stick to. I should totally do that! Every afternoon, I struggle with what to make for dinner! Which was one of the reasons why I created this blog!

Your recipe sounds yummy! I think I'll try it out ~